Senior Warehouse Operative
Your new job:
To support and deputise for the Shift Supervisor in effectively leading a shift to achieve KPI’s whilst ensuring a continually improving, approachable and friendly culture. To be a role model for Warehouse Operatives in terms of performance and attitude and to be able to provide training, supervision and constructive feedback when required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Shift Supervisor to ensure the Goods Out process is managed effectively to ensure best performance, customer satisfaction and KPI achievement whilst maintaining an approachable ‘Fusion’ culture.
- Develop understanding of Reactor including Pick Management and Goods In processes.
- Support the Inbound Manager in monitoring performance of the team in the Goods In and Returns areas of the warehouse.
- Role model best practice and outstanding performance whilst carrying out warehouse operative tasks.
- Work with the warehouse team to ensure processes are as effective as possible, also identifying opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Support in training new starters and any ongoing requirements.
- Deputise for Shift Supervisor/Inbound Manager in their absence. Support the other managers with organising the team and liaise with the management team with any problems.
- Act as a keyholder and to have flexibility to open/close warehouse when required.
- Support the Warehouse Management team in regard to Health and Safety in the Warehouse targeting 0 lost time accidents, ensuring training is completed and maintaining relevant reporting.
- Ensure sustainability is always at the forefront of any considerations within the warehouse, targeting 100% plastic free and recycling rates.
What are we looking for?
- An aspiring leader who wants to develop their skills of motivation, coaching and positively challenging a large team to achieve stretching goals and targets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and similar.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and suggest and implement practical solutions to support this.
- A strong communicator, verbally and in writing to ensure engagement and influencing of the warehouse team, internal and external customers.
- Flexible but organised approach to adapt to the fast paced and evolving requirements of a top-class distribution centre. This will include working shifts at the weekend and evening working when required.
- Challenges behaviour and handles difficult situations calmly and ensures positive outcomes are reached.
- Shows sensitivity and respect to others ensuring confidentiality and a professional but compassionate approach.
Who are we?
Internet Fusion Group is a dynamic, fast-paced and growing eCommerce business with a heavy focus on sustainability. Everything we do, from the content we create, to the services we deliver, and the products we stock, is designed to help people enjoy their passions. We offer the essentials for everyday living from fashion-forward to fashion staples, skating to horse riding, dirt bikes to snowboards and everything in between! We partner with and sell over 800 heritage, sporting and contemporary brands from Great Britain and around the globe: including Barbour, North Face, Hunter & Osprey.
What we offer….
- Generous staff discount across our various sites which feature many top brands!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Flexible working culture to fit around your lifestyle.
- Enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Great company culture, recognised by Best Companies as an Outstanding place to work.
Apply now and start your IFG Journey today!