Marketing Intern (Outdoor)
IFG Kickstart Scheme - Join us now!
Our Kickstart Scheme is an exciting opportunity for people claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. You will gain valuable paid work experience for six months and employability skills to help you after your journey with us ends.
Your new job:
To support the Outdoor Division Brand Manager in the delivery of successful marketing campaigns and strategies across our different channels to build and assert a strong brand identity for our Outdoor sites. You will help to enhance information and assist in the production of engaging content for the Outdoor division’s websites, newsletter, social media, and external publications. Working primarily on our Webtogs, Blackleaf & Nightgear brands.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support and help to plan and execute marketing initiatives in line with the agreed marketing plan.
- General marketing tasks and administration: reporting, GTM…
- Create engaging and topical digital marketing content across different platforms: i.e.: blog, emails, socials.
- Lead/Drive the social media activity and curation of social media marketing assets.
- Come up with creative campaigns to boost our social following and brand equity on social media platform (competitions, ambassador collab, promotions).
- Be a part of the liaison with Buying and Merchandising to support correct promotion of product.
- Cross-checking, recording and management of all internally created assets, highlighting any issues (proofing emails..).
- Research current events and trends for new marketing opportunities on the Outdoor market.
- Contribute to weekly / monthly marketing meetings.
- Representing the company at external industry/brands events (according to Covid 19 government rules).
- Assist the content & marketing team with photoshoot planning and video content creation
What are we looking for?
- Keen interest and detailed knowledge of the outdoor industry, urban/outdoor trends and fashion industry (brands/products…); the market, brands, products, This is essential and must be demonstrated.
- Competent Microsoft Excel / Word / Powerpoint skills.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to self-manage and be accountable for own responsibilities and objectives.
- A creative thinker with a view to assisting bringing these ideas to life.
- Dedication to the job role with excellent time management & organisation.
- A team member with strong work ethics, flexible in approach and supportive of others.
- Can do attitude able to take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use Photoshop and other creative suites.
- Desire to present videos.
- Experience with WordPress and social media platforms.
- Additional digital marketing knowledge: SEO, branding, paid marketing…
- Wider media industry knowledge and video content creation.
- Marketing awareness and knowledge regarding competitors, trends, and industry benchmarks.
Who are we?
Internet Fusion Group is a dynamic, fast-paced and growing eCommerce business with a heavy focus on sustainability. Everything we do, from the content we create, to the services we deliver, and the products we stock, is designed to help people enjoy their passions. We offer the essentials for everyday living from fashion-forward to fashion staples, skating to horse riding, dirt bikes to snowboards and everything in between! We partner with and sell over 800 heritage, sporting and contemporary brands from Great Britain and around the globe: including Barbour, North Face, Hunter & Osprey.
What we offer….
- Salary: Above National Minimum Wage
- Generous staff discount across our various sites which feature many top brands!
- Pro rata annual leave entitlement.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Flexible working culture to fit around your lifestyle.
- Enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Great company culture, recognised by Best Companies as an Outstanding place to work.
Criteria to Apply:
- Unemployed and in receipt of Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be able to commit to the role for 6 months
If you think you could be the perfect fit for this role then please apply. We can’t wait to receive your application and support you on your Kickstarter journey!
If you’d like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Alix Brown at email@example.com