Buying Intern (Fashion)
IFG Kickstart Scheme - Join us now!
Our Kickstart Scheme is an exciting opportunity for people claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. You will gain valuable paid work experience for six months and employability skills to help you after your journey with us ends.
Your new job:
We are looking for an organised and self-motivated Buying Admin Assistant to join the Buying team (Fashion Division), to provide effective operational and administration support. You will work within a fast-paced environment and take initiative within the role to help develop the companies wider
goals. Various responsibilities include stock management, monitoring supply chain, communication with suppliers and internal departments, and process development.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Stock management and stock availability: work with the Trading team /Buyers to control inventory levels and replenishment in order to maximise online availability while minimising inventory holding costs and other supply chain costs.
- Operational support: support the Buyers to manage supply chain by managing and monitoring the critical path and ensuring deadlines are met
- Provide effective administration support to the Department by: Order raising and processing, Creating line lists, Booking in deliveries to ensure that stock is handled effectively, Checking and managing order confirmations, Assist in managing the entire life cycle of each product ensuring all paperwork is filed efficiently
- Communication: communicate to suppliers and across internal Departments on a regular basis and as required ensuring that information is accurate and timely. Comfortable addressing all inventory related queries.
- Process development: employ effective use of processes and new systems to achieve prescribed benefits.
- Awareness of current and future trends, knowledge of brands appropriate to target market and understanding of what is happening in retail.
What are we looking for?
- Organisation skills, ability to use initiative, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Numerical competency.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers, and others at all levels.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good teamwork skills a willingness to participate as a full team member.
- Be able to display a confident and professional style as all times, taking appropriate action to influence the achievement of business goals.
- Computer literate: proficient in excel and word applications.
- Demonstration of commercial acumen and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Who are we?
Internet Fusion Group is a dynamic, fast-paced and growing eCommerce business with a heavy focus on sustainability. Everything we do, from the content we create, to the services we deliver, and the products we stock, is designed to help people enjoy their passions. We offer the essentials for everyday living from fashion-forward to fashion staples, skating to horse riding, dirt bikes to snowboards and everything in between! We partner with and sell over 800 heritage, sporting and contemporary brands from Great Britain and around the globe: including Barbour, North Face, Hunter & Osprey.
What we offer….
- Salary: Above National Minimum Wage
- Generous staff discount across our various sites which feature many top brands!
- Pro rata annual leave entitlement.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday.
- Flexible working culture to fit around your lifestyle.
- Enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Great company culture, recognised by Best Companies as an Outstanding place to work.
Criteria to Apply:
- Unemployed and in receipt of Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be able to commit to the role for 6 months
If you think you could be the perfect fit for this role then please apply. We can’t wait to receive your application and support you on your Kickstarter journey!
If you’d like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Alix Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org