Product Manager (Platform as a Service)
Your new job:
Internet Fusion Group currently has an opportunity for a professional individual to fill the role of Product Manager, based in London or remotely. The successful applicant will be responsible for identifying, prioritising and specifying improvements to technical, back end and user facing systems to support the growth and expansion of our Platform as a Service offering. You will work closely with other parts of the IT department, internal stakeholders as well as third party partners to establish and agree requirements.
The successful candidate should have experience working in ecommerce settings, preferably also in a Platform or Software as a Service space. Some travel will be required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Working closely with stakeholders, account managers, developers and QA’s, you will drive ideation / product discovery, roadmap planning, implementation, feature onboarding and go live support using agile processes. You will support in metric definition, process improvement and customer analysis with senior stakeholders and the head of product to:
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and prioritise requirements.
- Working with other members of the Product team, developers and senior stakeholders to define and agree development roadmaps.
- Working to design and prioritise both front and back end functionality including areas such as fulfilment, checkout, user experience / website management functionality.
- Working with third party partners to establish new requirements to meet their needs and maximise platform update / retention.
- Recommending, defining and agreeing key metrics for monitoring success in development of new functionalities for the product.
- Analyse and prioritise any bugs within the systems you are responsible for and ensure resolution.
- Elicit business requirements and turn these into functional specifications based on user stories.
What are we looking for?
- Have at least 2 years' experience working as a Product Manager or similar role.
- Have experience in planning and managing new product developments from inception to post-go live.
- Be able to effectively manage and explain trade-offs in product development to stakeholders.
- Familiar with APIs and service driven architecture, comfortable writing user stories and requirements with this in mind.
- Able to discuss and agree technical strategy at a high level with developers and align feedback with functional requirements.
- Familiar with google analytics and google tag manager, able to implement functionality deriving learnings and recommendations from collected data.
- Have proven experience in writing technical specifications / documentation, user stories and acceptance criteria and be able to work with developers to evolve requirement gathering to improve delivery.
- Be comfortable building and explaining a roadmap based on agreed user priorities.
- Have experience in acceptance testing and the creation of documentation for new functionality for end users.
- Have experience of Agile, Lean or other software development methodologies.
- Comfortable managing expectations of stakeholders to provide accurate timelines and explanations of trade-offs for developments.
- Have ability to multitask and prioritise and is comfortable working autonomously under own initiative.
- Previous experience working within Platform or Software as a Service business models.
- Familiarity with UX design, able to build low to mid-level fidelity wireframes and prototypes to confirm functionality with stakeholders and customers prior to development.
- Experience working with shipping and fulfilment, preferably within an ecommerce setting.
- Experience working with and implementing payment methods on an ecommerce website.
Who are we?
Internet Fusion Group is a dynamic, fast-paced and growing eCommerce business with a heavy focus on sustainability. Everything we do, from the content we create, to the services we deliver, and the products we stock, is designed to help people enjoy their passions. We offer the essentials for everyday living from fashion-forward to fashion staples, skating to horse riding, dirt bikes to snowboards and everything in between! We partner with and sell over 800 heritage, sporting and contemporary brands from Great Britain and around the globe: including Barbour, North Face, Hunter & Osprey.
What we offer….
- Generous staff discount across our various sites which feature many top brands!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Flexible working culture to fit around your lifestyle.
- Enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Great company culture, recognised by Best Companies as an Outstanding place to work.
Apply now and start your IFG Journey today!