Junior Marketing Executive - Surfdome
Your new job:
To support the Action Sports Brand Manager in the delivery of successful marketing campaigns and strategies across our different channels to build and assert a strong brand identity for Surfdome. You will help to improve the quality of our websites, enhancing the creative and images to make it look great. You will also assist in the production of engaging content for Surfdome across website, newsletter, social media, and external publications.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest and detailed knowledge of surf, skate & snow culture; the market, brands, products, pros, disciplines, and content. This is essential and must be demonstrated.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support, help to plan and execute marketing initiatives in line with the agreed marketing plan.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Website updates - make sure website links are corrects, site updates go smoothly and help organise peak trading messaging
- Work closely with the CRM executive to check, link and test email communications
- Create and plan content for email newsletters
- Assist the Creative team with photoshoot planning and video content creation.
- Create engaging and topical blog posts for the journal.
- Re-write any content to keep fresh and up to date whilst ensuring tone of voice and SEO benefits are not lost.
- Support and assist with digital project plans and marketing schedules.
- Drive the social media activity and curation of social media marketing assets.
- Assist in the creation of digital marketing content.
- Help to produce content for competitions and promotions.
- Be a part of the liaison with Buying and Merchandising to support correct promotion of product.
- Cross-checking, recording and management of all internally created assets, highlighting any issues.
- Research current events and trends for new marketing opportunities
- Reporting. Contributing to weekly / monthly marketing meetings.
- Handling marketing enquiries from supplier brands and maintaining a good report with these clients.
- Other marketing tasks and administrations as and when required
- Representing the company at external industry events.
What are we looking for?
- Keen interest and detailed knowledge of surf, skate & snow culture; the market, brands, products, pros, disciplines, and content. This is essential and must be demonstrated.
- Competent Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to self-manage and be accountable for own responsibilities and objectives.
- A creative thinker with a view to assisting bringing these ideas to life.
- Dedication to the job role with excellent time management & organisation.
- A team member with strong work ethics, flexible in approach and supportive of others.
- Ability to use Photoshop and other creative suites such as Premiere Pro.
- Experience with WordPress and social media platforms
- Knowledge of using email platforms - Adestra
- SEO knowledge
- Wider media industry knowledge and video content creation.
- Marketing awareness and knowledge regarding competitors, trends, and industry benchmarks.
- Use of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Previous experience in a similar role or Digital marketing role and developing/managing marketing campaigns, or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant topic.
Who are we?
Internet Fusion Group is a dynamic, fast-paced and growing eCommerce business with a heavy focus on sustainability. Everything we do, from the content we create, to the services we deliver, and the products we stock, is designed to help people enjoy their passions. We offer the essentials for everyday living from fashion-forward to fashion staples, skating to horse riding, dirt bikes to snowboards and everything in between! We partner with and sell over 800 heritage, sporting and contemporary brands from Great Britain and around the globe: including Barbour, North Face, Hunter & Osprey.
What we offer….
- Generous staff discount across our various sites which feature many top brands!
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Flexible working culture to fit around your lifestyle.
- Enrolment to company pension scheme.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Great company culture, recognised by Best Companies as an Outstanding place to work.
Apply now and start your IFG Journey today!