Assistant Management Accountant - 12 month FTC
We're Hiring! Assistant Management Accountant (12-month FTC)
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Could this be the job for you?
We are looking for Management Accountant to join our finance function on a 12-month fixed term basis, taking ownership of preparing the monthly management account and providing support to the wider finance team. This job is ideal for an Assistant Account looking for the next step up in their career or an experienced Management Accountant looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced and growing e-commerce environment.
This could be the job for you if…
- You love a job where no two days are the same - from reconciliations and reporting to process improvements, you’ll really be able to utilise those great multi-tasking skills of yours.
- You’re a team player – you’ll be someone who enjoys working with others, sharing your knowledge with your finance colleagues and working together to help achieve results.
- You’re super organised and able to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you’ll be a success if…
- You effectively perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation including Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals and Intercompany Reconciliations
- You take responsibility for raising all B2B sales invoices and assisting with credit control.
- You conduct monthly sales reporting re Platform as a Service sales channel.
- You effectively manage the group expenses system.
- You accurately help to prepare VAT returns and ensure accurate submission of RTI PAYE reporting.
- You provide support to the wider finance team when required.
- You conduct P&L analysis and review of costs against forecast.
- You support the Head of Management Accounts with key projects and analysis.
- You can help drive automation of all processes within the finance team.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- An organised self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to handle personal data and information in a professional manner
- Accurately retrieve and analyse data to help inform business decisions
- A keen learner who can spot inefficiencies and suggest ways to improve processes
- An effective communicator who can work with different stakeholders across the business to understand their approach and needs
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met
The great stuff…
- Currently studying towards a financial qualification (an added bonus but not a must-have)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience working in an e-commerce environment.
A note from the hiring manager…
This is the perfect time to join IFG, the company is continuing to expand with recent acquisitions. For this role you will be working with the management accounts team as well as the wider finance team, offering lots of opportunities to grow and develop. We are therefore looking for someone who is able to work in a fast paced environment and implement process improvements to join our team!
Chelsea Sheridan – Finance Manager
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.