Accounts Payable Assistant
We're Hiring! Accounts Payable Assistant
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Could this be the job for you?
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to help support our brilliant Finance team! This is a key role within our finance function helping to post stock invoices, reconcile and resolve queries to the highest level of accuracy so is a great position for someone looking to kickstart their financial career.
This could be the job for you if…
- You love a job where no two days are the same, and where you can really utilise those great multi-tasking skills of yours – we’re a team that works at a fast pace, managing Finance for the entire IFG plethora of brands.
- You’re a great communicator who is able to interact and engage with different stakeholders across the business to help achieve results.
- You’re analytical with an eye for detail – you’ll be handling a large volume of reconciliations so accuracy is a must.
As an Accounts Payable Assistant, you’ll be a success if…
- You can manage the daily processing of purchase invoices using the OCR system
- You accurately process supplier statements on Dynamics ready to reconcile and process sales invoices as and when required.
- You effectively communicate and work with suppliers to resolve queries in a timely manner
- You ensure posting are completed for month end process and help support with monthly accounts payable reporting
- You can accurately match GRNI’s to stock invoices
- You assist the Finance Manager and Head of Finance on projects and ad hoc analysis
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or using Dynamics
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot and resolve any data inaccuracies
- Strong communication skills and experience working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated individual who can be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced role
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, demonstrating a proactive, problem-solving approach
- Computer literate with skills in MS office suite
The great stuff…
- Previous experience in an e-commerce environment
- A finance qualification is desirable but not essential
A note from the hiring manager…
‘This role is perfect for an experienced AP clerk who is dynamic, forward thinking and ready for a new challenge. The perfect candidate will be a great team player but able to work independently at times, and be ready to jump into an exciting, high volume and fast paced environment’
Ellie Chadwick – Accounts Payable Manager
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.