Senior Software Engineer
We're Hiring! Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Senior Software Engineer - Some of the best bits;
- Remote working (you’re more than welcome to attend one of our offices, however this is completely up to you and we always make sure that no matter where you work from you always feel part of one team).
- Very competitive salary (if we shortlist your CV we will give you a call to let you know what the full package is)
- Real responsibility in a fast-growing e-commerce environment
- The opportunity to work on some incredible projects; as well as working on our legacy systems, you could also find yourself working on one of our latest acquisitions, our new ReactorX (PaaS) platform, or our organic growth offering.
We're very happy to accept applications from candidates across the world who need visa sponsorship to work in the UK
Could this be the job for you?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to write new service-orientated applications as we migrate away from legacy systems, as well as ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of our existing software suite. In this newly created role, you’ll be someone who is looking for the next step in their tech career in a fast-paced and growing environment. Whether your preference is to be a remote worker, or a hybrid worker, we’re flexible to whatever works best for you. This could be the perfect fit for you if…
- You love a job where no two days are the same, and where you can really utilise those great multi-tasking skills of yours – we’re a team that works at a fast pace, managing technology for the entire IFG plethora of brands.
- You know your tech - You’ll need to know your PHP from your SQL, and exactly how to maximise the software that we use.
- You’ve got a project mindset - Our engineers own the entire project life cycle and support from requirements gathering through to test, so you’ll need to be a pragmatic and organised individual who knows how to make a project a success!
As our Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a success if…
- You successfully contribute to setting up coding standards and work with the wider team on implementing them.
- You regularly write simple, comprehensible, testable and maintainable code
- You’re a great team player who’s comfortable working with a group of similarly talented engineers, whilst at times also reviewing your peers code with a view to guide and coach them to ensure that the team are always learning.
- Are willing to take on some on-call work, if required.
- You stay up to date with new trends and technologies.
- You attend web development workshops and conferences.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff...
These are the core skills that we’re after;
- PHP 5 & 7 / Git / MySQL
- OOP and SOLID principles
- Demonstrable experience with relevant leading frameworks (preferably Laravel)
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams of engineers
- Experience creating, testing and utilising APIs
- Experience writing Unit and Functional tests
- Experience with CI/CD
The great stuff…
- NodeJS / TypeScript
- Docker / AWS
- SOA / microservices
- Event-driven computing, DDD, TDD
- FaaS using Lambda or any other provider
- Redis / NoSQL / Elastic Search / Algolia
- Software Design / Architecture
- Testing / Release / Support
A note from the hiring manager…
‘We are looking for a skilled, talented and experienced senior software engineer to join our growing delivery team. The perfect candidate for this role will be a great problem solver, team player, has amazing technical knowledge and someone who loves a challenge. You will be a part of a high fast-paced tech function in the middle of change and growth. There is no better time to join our agile team and be part IFG’s success!’
- Rabie Sulman, Head of Engineering
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.