We're Hiring! SEO Manager
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run our e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Could this be the job for you?
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a passionate SEO professional to join IFG. Working alongside our Head of SEO and two other members of the team (one of whom you’ll be line-managing), you will be supporting the delivery of the group-wide SEO content strategy across our wide range of ecommerce websites!
As a SEO Manager you’ll be a success if…
- You know exactly how to gather and interpret data, proactively undertaking key research when required and using a data-led approach to optimise content.
- You confidently work with the Head of SEO to define, deliver, and evolve the site-by-site and group-wide SEO content strategy and roadmap.
- You recognise scalable content opportunities across groups of pages and utilise content automation and smart techniques to scale optimisations quickly.
- You successfully optimise International SEO and create landing pages in 14+ languages including English as well as optimizing current pages (and if you can speak any second languages that’s definitely a bonus!)
- You write and publish excellent SEO-optimised content across multiple verticals.
- You assist with website migrations and PaaS client onboardings (we also run websites and distribution for a bunch of other brands, too!)
- You are a great communicator and can work with buyers and trade teams to understand the product categories we have in stock and build strategies using our data to influence data-led buying strategies.
- You deliver training and communication across the business to influence SEO and upskill content teams with best practices.
- You are passionate about supporting with the leadership and development of a small team, as well as implementing new processes to make tasks easier and drive efficiency for the team.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- Proven SEO experience, including experience in running SEO tests and forecasting.
- Strong knowledge of international SEO & a solid understanding of how technical SEO impacts content and rankings, and the ability to troubleshoot and make recommendations for change.
- Knowledge of building web pages with basic HTML, CSS and CMS systems.
- Experience in website and content migrations, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush and other SEO and analytics tools.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn data into “actionable insights.”
- Ability to foster collaboration and work as part of a team.
- Confident in communicating, training, and managing expectations of key stakeholders across the business.
- Very strong English copywriting skills.
The great stuff…
- Experience managing and developing individuals or a team.
- Prior SEO experience in an ecommerce business including experience in executing successful link-building and/or SEO campaigns.
- Experience in action sports, fashion, outdoor and/or equestrian sectors.
- Written or spoken second language skills.
A note from the hiring manager…
“The perfect candidate for this role will need have a true passion for SEO This newly created role will allow you to work across a number of verticals in the ecommerce sector, liaising directly with buyers, customer support, developers, and everyone in between. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining our team!”
Michael Costanzo, Group Head of SEO
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.