Merchandising Admin Assistant
We're Hiring! Merchandising Admin Assistant
Could this be the job for you?
Our Merchandising Admin Assistant role is a fantastic, brand-new opportunity for someone to help us to level up when it comes to our trade smarter initiative. Reporting into our Ecommerce Merchandiser, you will primarily be focusing on improving our stock availability, cover and providing support in delivering our margin targets through our pricing strategy and reporting. This could be the job for you if…
- You love a job where no two days of the same – we’re a fast-paced environment and we’re growing rapidly! This is a new role with lots of opportunity to make an impact.
- You take an analytical approach to your work - we operate in a data-rich environment and our decisions are data-led, so you’ll need to know your numbers and what they mean!
- You’ve got some great communication and relationship building skills – you’ll be working cross-functionally with our operations and buying teams, so developing strong internal relationships is a must.
As a Merchandising Admin Assistant you’ll be a success if…
- You obtain information on products from our brands and accurately manipulate the data into the correct format ready for loading onto our IFG sites.
- You efficiently place re-orders with brands for our top selling stock, working with the Ecommerce Merchandiser to assess how many additional units we need to meet customer demand.
- You proactively review and resolve delivery discrepancies, working with the warehouse and brands to correct course when needed.
- You support the Ecommerce Merchandiser with our stock control, helping to identify if we have the right level of stock and all associated administration.
- You conduct regular market analysis to identify trends amongst our competitors.
- You use PowerBI and Excel to develop reports that will be shared with the wider business.
- You are confident in trade meetings and share your ideas and opinions with the rest of the team.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- You’re super keen to work within an e-commerce environment.
- Ability to prioritise when working on several things at once.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to driving your own development.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great Excel skills.
The great stuff…
- Some existing knowledge of how merchandising works in an e-commerce environment.
- Working knowledge of PowerBI
- A personal interest in fashion, action sports, or the outdoor industry
What the team have to say…
“An amazing opportunity to kick-start or begin a career in merchandising. You will be well supported by a team of inclusive and caring experts.”
Ryan Clifford, Head of Trade
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation