Assistant Buyer - Action Sports
We're Hiring! Assistant Buyer - Action Sports
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Could this be the job for you?
This Assistant Buyer role is an exciting opportunity to bring new ideas to the table whist developing key brands Group-wide, across our fashion, action sports, equestrian or outdoors division. As well as supporting with the daily operational function of the buying team, you will also find yourself getting involved in seasonal buys, helping to select ranges whilst focusing on building relationships with our fantastic brands. This could be the job for you if…
- You love a job where no two days of the same – we’re a fast-paced environment and we’re growing rapidly! With real responsibility on your shoulders, you’ll want to work hard and really see the impact you’re making.
- You’re passionate about our sites and the brands that we sell – this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge or next step in their buying career, where you’ll be able to combine the things that you’re passionate about with your job.
- You’ve got some great communication skills and the confidence to make an impact with our brands – you’ll be supporting with key buys and developing our brand relationships, so being able to engage with your internal and external customers is key.
As an Assistant Buyer you’ll be a success if…
- You proactively assist in the management of the entire life cycle of each product, ensuring all buying admin is carried out effectively.
- You ensure stock levels of our key brands are sufficiently maintained by working with the merchandisers and buyers, regularly re-ordering and maximizing the potential of each brand.
- You take responsibility for ensuring that your brand knowledge stays up to date, seeking out opportunities to learn more about your key categories and brands.
- You’re future thinking and stay abreast of industry news, the latest trends and keep an eye out for any potential new markets to move into.
- You support the buyers with the commercials for your key brands, ensuring that information on gross margin, trade discounts, markdown support, marketing support and clearance deals is up to date and communicated to stakeholders accurately.
- You share your input on buying decisions, ensuring that you understand how decisions are made and sharing your input on buying decisions with the rest of the team.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- You’re super keen to work within an e-commerce environment.
- Ability to prioritise when working on several things at once.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to driving your own development.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
The great stuff…
- Some knowledge of how buying works in an e-commerce environment.
- Knowledge of the fashion, action sports, or outdoor industry & marketplace.
- A personal interest in fashion, action sports, or the outdoor industry.
What the team have to say…
“The BA role is perfect for a dynamic, forward-thinking individual. This role is the perfect opportunity for someone to oversee multiple brands and hone their skills with best in class tools, sites and employees”
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.