Business Intelligence Developer
We're Hiring! Business Intelligence Developer
Could this be the job for you?
It’s a pretty exciting time for data at IFG – we’re investing in our tools and investing in our team to ensure that the data we use and how we use it, is a top priority when it comes to business analysis and growth. We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join the data team and help to propel forwards business insights and business growth through our data. This could be the job for you if…
- You love data! We’ve got big plans for how we use data at IFG, so you’ll need to be passionate about your craft, with some great data knowledge that you can use to make your role a success.
- You’re super organized – you’ll be taking on multiple projects from initial conception all the way to implementation, so you’ll need to be a dab hand at multi-tasking and able to keep cool working at pace.
- You’re a dab hand in using Microsoft Office applications (Power BI, Excel) with a fantastic ability to gather and interpret data.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you’ll be a success if…
- You develop a great understanding of the IFG business and use this to support different departments with their data needs.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can translate data into accessible language and solutions for a variety of key stakeholders across the business.
- You run a variety of reports, continually looking at what the data is saying and where improvements can be made.
- You stay up to date with whats going on in the data world – you research the latest technologies, tools and techniques and are aware of what our competitors are doing when it comes to data.
- You support the team – whether it’s helping your manager out with a project, or developing the Junior BI Developers, you’ll be a true team player who is always happy to get stuck in.
What you’ll bring…
The good stuff…
- Excellent Power BI & Excel skills
- Strong ability to use data to build insightful reports for different stakeholders.
- Can-do approach – your response to issues is always to find solutions.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Great multi-tasker with experience working on several projects at once.
- A keen interest in e-commerce and use of data within e-commerce.
The great stuff…
- Previous experience in a data analytics role within an e-commerce environment
- Experience in maintaining ETL processes and data models that feed into a production environment
- SQL – The main database is an Azure Data Warehouse, so the experience of SQL would be essential.
- Power BI and DAX – Our aim is to provide the business with the information they need, as simply as possible. Any experience building user-friendly reports or data visualisation is beneficial.
- Familiarity or experience with Microsoft/Azure products and services (Data warehouse, Data Factory, Databricks, Power Automate, Power Apps) is advantageous
- Machine Learning – Whilst we are not using this extensively at this moment, the business considers this area of data science to be a very important part of our future. Any experience with ML techniques and applying them using programming languages such as Python and R is a huge plus.
A note from the hiring manager…
‘One of the key pillars at Internet Fusion Group is to ensure that data is at the heart of all the decisions we make across the business. It is a very exciting time to join the Business Intelligence team, with grand plans to execute our adventurous roadmap, we are looking for a true team player who loves data and a challenge!’
-Paul Clough, E-Commerce Director
Perks of the job…
As a business that is all about getting out there and enjoying life, we wouldn’t be true to our values unless we offered some pretty awesome benefits to help our people to do the same..
- True hybrid working - we trust and empower you to work in a way that suits you, your life, and your team.
- Market leading discount - We want our people to enjoy and love the products that we sell as much as our customers do, that's why we give you everything at cost price + VAT (We challenge you to find better!)
- Mental wellbeing support – Access to counselling sessions, a remote GP service and a whole range of well-being focused resources through our dedicated health & well-being partners.
- We work hard, but we relax even harder - You’ll get 25 days annual leave, plus an extra day off for your birthday (Because who wants to wait years for their birthday to fall on a weekend!?)
- An annual piece of the pie - When the business does well, it's down to the hard work of our people, that's why we give a discretionary annual bonus based on company performance.
- Supporting you through all stages of life - We help you to focus on what really matters during important moments in your life. You’ll get enhanced maternity leave, full shared parental leave, and paid leave should you experience loss of early life.
- An Outstanding place to work - It’s official, we’re a Best Company Outstanding Place to work - a badge that we wear with pride and something we will always keep working to continually improve.
Who are we?
We’re the biggest e-commerce group that you’ve probably never heard of, yet you’re sure to know about our sites. We’ve been experiencing rapid growth and working hard behind the scenes to firmly make our mark as an environmentally conscious e-commerce powerhouse that is all about providing exceptional service and exceptional products that encourage people to get out there and enjoy life.
We own and run 9 e-commerce sites including Surfdome, Country Attire, Blackleaf and Derby House and we work with some global brands including The North Face, Coach, Rab, and Barbour. We also own 4 creative content sites, so whether you’re looking for the best waves to ride, the top mountains to trek, or which jacket will best protect you from the elements, chances are our Editorial team have got you covered.
Over the last 12 months we’ve grown from a team of 200 to 300+, we’ve added 2 sites to our plethora of brands, and have become an Outstanding place to work as awarded by Best Company. Over the next 12 months we have big plans to elevate our e-commerce service and solutions unit (also known as ReactorX), expand into Europe, and continue to add some awesome brands to the IFG offering.
We’re a fast-paced environment and certainly not for anyone after an easy ride! If you love a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Internet Fusion Group collects, processes, and ensures the security of all personal data that we gather in accordance with data protection laws.
Internet Fusion Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer who provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.